I purchased what i thought was a 1 month subscription to Arizona Republic from a very friendly salesman in my local Frys.I was skeptical as I usually get my news online, but he said try it, cancel if you don't like it.

He filled out a form for me, told me where to initial and we went our separate ways. First thing i noticed was that it was 5 bucks more charged to my card than he said. Okay, whatever, can't undo that. A few weeks later, I call to cancel after finding I was just throwing them away.

I was then informed by a smug rep that I could not cancel, that i had signed up for 3 months, and they would continue to bill my card. I told him this is not what i was told, the salesman said 1 month, not 3. He told me to look at the receipt, look at my signature, and accept that i was going to get the paper for 2 more months!

So I have cancelled my debit card for the unauthorized charges, and expect I will get bills and rude calls.I will never buy this paper again, I will never recommend it, and I will be complaining to the Frys management about allowing such deceitful practices in their store.

Review about: Arizona Republic Subscription.

Had an Experience with Arizona Republic?

Comments

In Walgreens,an AZ republic sales person sold me the monthly "promotional subscription" for less than $5

I signed in order to pay with a credit card and The sales person told me that I could cancel "Anytime" .BIG LYE!

Today I called to cancel my service and they refused since they say I have a contract for 6 months !!.

I'm so disappointing with the AZ republic newspaper , their sales people lye the customers .They want just your signature at any cost so then you will be locked with the highest price for a newspaper. PLEASE BE AWARE DON'T SIGN UP!

Now I m locked with a monthly subscription of $22 + for 3 days a week.